Monday, November 8, 2010

He's Walking!

Jack took his first step in early August while we were in Black Butte (he was a little over 10 months old) Only Jerry and I saw it, we were forcing him to try on the porch, and surprisingly he did it. Since then he has gradually been making progress. A couple weeks ago, right after turning one he just decided that he wanted to walk....all the time. I have failed to get him on film (our camcorder right now is not compatible with our laptop) so I had to use the web cam this morning to capture it. He usually has his arms in the air, I wonder if it's a balance thing, or him just being so used to someone holding his hand to walk, and just waddles around. He's had quite a few bumps and bruises, Toby seems to think that Jack is a lot more capable of his tackles and (rough) hugs now that he can walk, so he's getting pushed around more than before, hence the bumps and bruises.



I was a little late getting Jack in for his one year check up, we went last week. Here are his stats if you're interested: (even if you aren't I'll do it anyways, since this is my 'baby book' of sorts :)

Weight: 25 pounds 4 ounces (Which puts him at 80th percentile)

Length: 32 inches (94th percentile)

Head Circumference: 47 1/2 centimeters (77th percentile)

He's a happy, healthy little dude!

2 comments:

PeggyMomma said...

So cute. When he comes walking around that corner, he looks just like you did at that age! Tell Toby to build the pillows on the floor before tackling poor Jack! :)

Jackie said...

I can't watch this, it keeps saying an error occurred:(