
This didn't just happen did it? Preschool already? But this boy was READY. He's been counting the days. And the day finally came today. My sweet firstborn is growing up, and I don't think I'm ok with that.
I feel slightly bipolar about the whole situation. We've been having more behavioral issues with Toby, which we now think is due to all the changes going on around him (starting preschool, possibly moving, Hanna getting married and moving soon, me working more, etc...). I knew it would be hard, but I didn't know it would be so heart wrenching to walk out of a classroom while he's clinging to my leg and begging "Please don't go Mama". And I wouldn't have gone, I could have stayed all day. But alas the teacher noticed that I was the one parent still clinging to my son's need of me and she kindly told me to go. She was nice about it, and I know it was good for him. But man, it was HARD. Parenting is just plain hard. Two weeks ago I would have thought I would be skipping out of his class and screaming "FREEEDOM!!!!" but I know better now. No matter how naughty, needy, and difficult that child can be sometimes, I will never be screaming freedom when it's time to leave him. Never. And of course he was totally fine the second I walked away, which I am SO thankful for. He did amazing, which I knew he would.
He can't wait to go back.



He said he needed a good picture of him and Tuba smiling together at preschool :)

When I picked him up he was covered in strawberry stains and was grinning ear to ear. He told me he got to play on the slide (which he was really wanting to do), do circle time, have a great snack, play with some new friends, and that he liked his teacher. He did a wonderful job and we're so proud of our little guy!
4 comments:
Love Love Love the pictures. I know exactly the feeling, I had it every time, but Im so excited for him. I wish I could work at his preschool.
OMGosh...the picture of him and Tuba is so sweet! Preschool is great for kids AND parents. Is he the tallest in his class? How often does he go? He looks so proud!
Moving?!
I love them all! Such a grown up boy haircut! Hugs and kisses from grammy:)
Post a Comment