Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Ode To Jamie


We (the boys and I) have been INSANELY blessed to have Jamie in our lives. First off the boys wouldn't exist without him, but that's where most Dad's leave the picture this day and age. Seemingly the majority of kids are growing up in a home with a single mom and if the Dad is in the picture it's not a pretty one. Usually lazy, checked out, and burnt out. Jamie doesn't fall into any of those categories. I feel like I found a gold mine when I met him and I still believe it. With him not only do I have the greatest husband I could ask for but the BEST Daddy to our kids. He is present, he is a provider, fun, involved, and everything good that you can ask for in a earthly father. He is such a amazing example of a husband, Christ follower, hard worker and father to them. We are beyond thankful.



I thought it would be fun to interview the boys about Jamie and record their answers on here, so here goes;

Toby:


What do you love most about Daddy?  That he sings 'Rock and Roll Bandaid'.


What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Eat ice cream sundaes.


What do you do that makes Daddy happy? Sit in the hammock together and listen to the funniest birds.


What does Daddy do that makes you know he loves you? Getting me candy from work.


What is Daddy's job? To work at work. To work on the computer, maybe?


What do you want other people to know about your Daddy? That he does everything nice.


            (Toby's commentary on the pictures are below them)

That's Dada and me. I don't know how old I was, maybe one?

There's me and Dada and the Duck.

I think I was tickling his head. Why am I not wearing shoes?

We're wining the race! 

Here I'm throwing a snow ball at him. (laughing and giggling)

We're going skiing. We kinda look like we're wearing sunglasses. huh?

I was gonna knock my tower down, but I didn't.

We're washing the dishes together.

We  planted pumpkins.

I always do that. (giggles)



Jack:


What do you love most about Daddy? Umm...um...riding on the scooter!


What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? To play with him. Me like to color with him.


What do you do that makes Daddy happy? When I say I love him.


What does Daddy do that makes you know he loves you? Playing with me.


What is Daddy's job? He works at his work.


What do you want other people to know about your Daddy? That he wrestles.


(Jack's commentary on the pictures are below them)
That me! 

Me have fun. Those fireworks!

That me? Why that me?

Why me in the water? Why me in the ocean? 
Me fall down and getting dirty. And daddy help me. 

That Tommy! Why that not Tommy? Why that Dada? It looks like Tommy.
That my BEST FRIEND mama!!!

Who is that guy? Me?! 

We at park!

My birthday today? Lightning McQueen? 

Happy Fathers Day to our favorite 'dada', we love you!



3 comments:

PeggyMomma said...

Super sweet!

Jackie said...

I totally love this posting! Love all those boys, and their mama too!

Strauss House said...

Ok, this is just the sweetest post ever. We feel the same way about our daddy!!