I've been dreading this. I haven't been wanting to blog, just because I know I need to share about my Grandpa Jack, and I haven't been ready. He went to be with Jesus last Thursday. And I miss him. We've been having a hard month, with non-stop illnesses, drama, and now my dear Grandpa leaving us, but it has proven to us the power of prayer and just how loving and faithful the Lord is. He amazes me. Continually. My Grandpa accepted Jesus Christ as his savior a week before he passed. How beautiful is that?! I can rest in knowing that he is in Heaven, and it's for my own selfish sake (and my Grandmas) that I wish he were still here. But I will see him again, and that's the best feeling ever.
While we were up in Yakima, we were all going through Grandmas pictures trying to find the 'perfect' one for the obituary and we decided we needed to scan all of them, so we can all have our own copies. Below are some of my favorites...
We titled this one 'Sexy' because Grandma pointed out that everyone in the picture is staring at Grandpa because he is just so dang sexy, and she was holding on to him so tight so everyone would know he was hers. :)
Grandma said that he took these when they were testing out the new camera for the mug shots, don't you just love that he's wearing his sheriff uniform?
Lovebirds 1951
Newlyweds. I think they are both so beautiful.
4 comments:
So sweet, Karly B. Your own little Memorial to my Uncle Jack! Nobody could deny that Mark is his son. I'm glad that he is no longer "not himself" and he is in Heaven waiting. You are tough just like your Momma!
Kar,
you look so much like your Grandmother in that last picture! Thanks for sharing... its a blessing to us all :)
love you,
holls
Beautifully put together honey:)
Good work lady.
Post a Comment